Saturday, September 13, 2008

Yo quero taco ensalada

YUMM!!! Sometimes I wish I could cook but I know that I can't! So I read recipes and think about how nice it would be to make a meal like this! But there is a skillet involved and oven so I know I'm not even going to try! I'm not lazy I've just started one too many kitchen fires that the fire department has asked me to stay out of the kitchen. I've set microwave popcorn on fire for goodness sake! But if you can cook... I'll buy the ingredients if you'll cook!

Ingredients
1 pound ground sirloin
1 (1.25-ounce package) taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
2/3 cup bottled salsa
8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
4 cups (4 ounces) bite-sized baked tortilla chips
2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, drained
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 (15-ounce) can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup sliced ripe black olives

Preparation
Cook the beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine sour cream and salsa in a small bowl.
Combine the beef mixture, iceberg lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, and beans in a large bowl. Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the salad, and toss gently. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese and black olives. Serve immediately.

No comments: