Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's raning, It's pouring and the TV is BORING!


With the weather about to take a turn for the worst, most weekend TV programs lacking, no sporting events to attend due to that weather, and the box office servery lacking in movies I want to see... I give you my top High school movie picks!

10. Bring it on: Because who doesn't love cheerleaders on speed battling it out. AWESOME OH WOW LIKE TOTALLY FREAK ME OUT!


9. Mean Girls: This is girl world! The lying, the back stabbing, the plotting and scheming! And because I love this little piece of dialogue.


Damian: [delivering candy canes] Taylor Zimmermann, two for you. Glenn Coco? FOUR for you, Glenn Coco! You go, Glenn Coco. And uh...”Caddy" Heron. Do we have a "Caddy" Heron here? Cady: It's Cady.

Damian: Oh Cady, here you go, one for you... And none for Gretchen Wieners, bye.


8. Remember the Titans: When I think highs school, I think football and this movie makes me love everything about the game, the players, and the time period. WE ARE THE TITANS!


7. Grease: Grease is the word is the word is the word...
John Travolta, Oliva Newton John and Oh those summer nights! There's nothing better because
you're the one that I want and the worst thing I could do, is not watch this movie!


6. The Breakfast Club: The Jock, The brain, The Geek... need I go on! Classic Molly and a young Emilo are enough to keep everyone coming back for more.


5. Election: PICK FLIK! Because the democratic process has never been more fun or dirty!


4. Juno: Teenage pregnancy at it's finest. With great acting, dialouge, and the overall message of the emotional toll pregancy can have on a girl, her family and those around her it's got heart! THUNDER CATS A GO!


3. Never Been Kissed: "I'm not Josie Grossie anymore!" No you're are not Josie, you're in the "in" crowd now girl so work it with that inapropriate student/teacher relationship!


2. 10 Things I hate about you: A tribute to Heath, High School and Billy Shakespear. Pure poetry! You're just too good to be true!


"Patrick: You're gunna pay me to take out some chick?

Joey: Mmhm.

Patrick: How much?

Joey: 20 bucks.

Joey: ..fine 30.

Patrick: Well, let's think about this...we go to the movies, that's 15 bucks. We get popcorn, that's 53. And she'll want raisonettes, alright? So, we're looking at 75 bucks.

Joey: This isn't a negotiation. Take it or leave it trailer park.

Patrick: 50 bucks and we got a deal, Fabio."


1. Dazed and Confused: ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT. Filmed in Austin, stoner movie, Matt's one of the stars in a hot young cast and you know what he likes about high school girls...


"Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

No comments: